EMACS 2015 Highlights
Another excellent EMACS conference has wrapped up in San Diego. Here's a brief recap of the conference along with a few useful links for more information.
Some of the key highlights that attendees liked most include:
- How TXU is using advanced technology (natural language) to drive its IVR solution
- How Ameren Missouri is focusing on the “return on customer satisfaction and engagement”
- How National Grid is pioneering the use of social media strategies in the utility industry
EMACS Conference Topics
EMACS boasted over 30 speakers from utilities across the U.S. on topics such as:
- Customer service management and technologies
- Marketing programs
- Energy efficiency programs
- Customer contact channel trends
- Customer satisfaction and research
- Billing and payment
How Starbucks, Amazon and Zappos Set the Standard for Customer Experience
Speaker after speaker talked about how utility customers are becoming much more demanding. Companies like Starbucks, Amazon and Zappos are setting the standard for customer experience and satisfaction. In turn, utilities are changing their service delivery models, communication channels, and overall design of the customer experience (CX). Of course, making these changes requires each utility to carefully understand their customers needs and opinions via best practice marketing research. It is this type of commitment that inspires FGI Research & Analytics in our work with utility companies across the nation.
As part of their quest to serve customers better, more and more utilities are adopting agile insights and advanced analytics. In fact, it was our distinct pleasure to celebrate the success of one of our utility clients in a recent blog post. New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG) was recognized as leading the way in the use of online panel research as a best practice. Congratulations NJNG!
Want to Learn More?
- Visit here for a more detailed recap of the conference by the team at Chartwell.
- Blog: FGI Client Spotlight -- NJNG Earns Best Practice with FGI's Online Customer Panel Research
- Blog: What's the Secret to Better JD Power Scores for Electric Utilities?
- Blog: Electric Utilities - How to Improve Satisfaction Scores Using PQR Simulators
- Have even more questions? Contact us.